Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Hate My...J. Crew Chiffon Ruffle Blouse


Photo Source: JCrew.com

I snapped this blouse up way back before the shopping ban, when the new J. Crew stuff hit stores because I loved it so much. I love ruffly layering pieces, in case you haven't noticed the trend. Needless to say, I hadn't really gotten around to wearing it, and I was curious when I saw it was already marked down. I finally tried it on last night, and realized why it has already gone on sale. I didn't notice how sheer it was on the website, so when I tried it on, I was really surprised. This blouse is completely see-through, such that you cannot wear it at all on its own...you must have a cami underneath and/or something on top. This is a bit tricky...and sometimes I hate having the sheer layer with the cami underneath because I think it looks a little more forced than effortless. And I am more about the effortless than the forced. To add insult to injury, the buttons in the bust area are ill-placed, such that it raises a major gaping issue, when the fit of the body isn't all that fitted. So I went ahead and packed this up to return...so I guess it really won't be "mine" anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment