Friday, February 20, 2009

The Great Black Tie Dress Hunt Begins...Part I


Photo Source: Nordstrom.Com

I found out today that I get to attend a black-tie lawyer's awards dinner in New York City this spring. I am super-excited to go, but on the other hand the dress hunt is on. How am I ever to find the dress that strikes the perfect balance between black-tie formal and being appropriate to wear around co-workes (i.e. bosses). I also don't want to look like a school-marm...I want to look young, yet elegant...classic and timeless, yet sophisticated. Oh, the pain and the hours of trying on dresses that I am about to put myself through. Because we all know that wearing a dress one already owns just won't do.

The great Possessionista posted this dress in this post, and I have to say that I really like it. It looks sophisticated, elegant, and better yet it isn't too sexy so as not to offend (not that anyone ever shoots to offend, but still....) If I can find time to get myself to Nordstrom's this weekend, I may have to try this one on. Until then, I'm sure this is only the first post of many....because how likely is it that the first dress you try on is the perfect dress? Who knows, maybe this time I'll get lucky....

1 comment:

  1. I think it's very Blair Waldorf. Did it work out?

    xoxo
    The Possessionista

    http://tightenyourbelt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete