Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Great Black Tie Dress Hunt, Part II: Get Thee to Off Fifth...

I had some time on my hands this weekend, so I drove to Off Fifth, the Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet, which just so happened to be having a huge sale. 20% - 30% off of everything...just fabulous, right?!

So off I went, in search of the elusive black tie evening gown for the event I have to attend this spring. Last week, me and a couple of co-workers discussed the event, and decided that we need floor-length gowns. We decided that we wouldn't be able to get away with cocktail-length dresses, since most of the men are wearing tuxes. After scouring the store, and looking at every single floor length gown in the entire store, I found one dress in my size. Still, this was more promising than finding none.

So, I trekked off to the dressing room, waiting for dissappointment. After slipping on the dress, however, it fit perfectly and seemed to be flattering because it made me look about 10 pounds lighter...what could be better than that? Little did I know, it was about to get a lot better. After checking the tag, I saw that the dress was marked down from $900 originally to $100. And the sign above the dress rack indicated there was an extra 25% off. Score! A Badgley Mischka evening gown for $75 plus tax! Seriously...it doesn't get any better than that....
The only wrinkle now, is that I had planned to wear black...and the dress is a wine/burgundy color. I now need to re-think accessories...shoes, jewelry, etc. But scoring the dress for $75, means more money to accessorize, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment