Monday, March 2, 2009

I Love My...L'Oreal EverPure Shampoo and Conditioner

I have incredibly fine, flat hair. I am also allergic to sulfate. My whole life, I have used shampoo that has sodium laureth sulfate (check the ingredient list in your shampoo...chances are, its in there). Until recently, I never thought that maybe part of the reason my hair is so fine is because of my allergy to sulfate, and the fact that I have used it on my scalp every single day of my life. A few months ago, I bought some sulfate-free shampoo, but let's just say it sucked. It left my hair looking like a wet sheep dog. Not that sheep dogs aren't cute....it just wasn't a good look for me.

So I abandoned the idea of using sulfate-free shampoo, and went back to using my uber-expensive Kérastase (which I was actually never that thrilled with, but I'll save that for a different post). Then, I heard L'Oreal was launching a sulfate-free line, and I happened to grab the Volume Shampoo and Moisture Conditioner on a random shopping trip to Target (yay, Target!). It actually left my hair fluffy (which is a difficult feat, given how extremely flat my hair is). And, the texture is super-foamy -- more foamy than sulfate-containing shampoos!

I liked it so much, that I picked up the Smooth Shampoo and the Smooth Conditioner, since my hair can also get a little frizzy. Yeah, I know...what a great combo...fine, flat hair that can also get frizzy. Anyway, needless to say, the Smooth Set actually works too! It leaves hair shiny, without a frizzy strand of hair in sight.

There are so many beauty products out there that just don't work, that I'm more than thrilled to applaud when beauty products actually work.

No comments:

Post a Comment